Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Historical doll names?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I know this has probably been posted before, but I can't find anything in the searches I've done. What are the full names of each historical girl? Do they list them in their books? I found the threads w/ their birthdays & birth years. Now I'd like to see a name one. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I started thinking about it when dh saw dd's Felicity for the 1st time & called her Felicity Abigail Eugene. [img]confused.gif[/img] He has some long silly name for Kit too...the last part is Frankensteen. [img]eek.gif[/img] It's his attempt at being funny....like he can't remember their names. DD thinks it's funny. [img]tongue.gif[/img] and has even kept Abigail for Lissie's middle name.

    The only one that I know of who has a full given name in her books is Kit (Margaret Mildred Kittredge). I have not read all he books, so I will plead ignorance due partly to that. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Felicity's full name is Felicity Rose Merriman. At the very least, I know her last name is Merriman [img]smile.gif[/img] .

  3. #3
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI,

    Thanks Dreaming of Dolls*

    I guess I should have worded it a bit better...I was wondering if they had middle names.

    Margaret Mildred Kittredge (Kit)
    Felicity Rose Merriman
    Elizabeth ? Cole
    Samantha ? Parkington
    Nellie ? O'Malley
    Addy ? Walker
    Molly ? McIntire
    Emily ? Bennett
    Kaya ? (guessing that's it, since she is Native American? I know she was given her friend's name Swan Circling too, but not sure when she started using it)
    Josefina ? Montoya
    Kirsten ? Larson

    I just wrote these down off the top of my head, so please excuse me if I mispelled a name...or wrote the wrong one. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think other than Kit, we don't know any of the girls' middle names, I can't recall any ever being said in the books.

    I don't know about Rose being Felicity's real middle name. I know someone (or maybe a few people) here has it listed in their sig as her middle name (with other made up middle names for the girls), but I can't recall ever reading that, and I'm a big name fan, so I think I'd remember having read that.

    Kaya's full name is Kaya'aton'my

    ksami informed me that Nellie is short for Cornelia, so it's possible our Nellie's full name is Cornelia, and I'd guess she'd have taken Gard's last name, whatever it may be (probably Parkington is Samantha's father's last name, or it might be Grandmary's).

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 05, 2006 04:32 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by trvnbrn:
    Josefina ? Montoya
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually Josefina is her middle name! Her full name is Maria Josefina Montoya.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually Josefina is her middle name! Her full name is Maria Josefina Montoya.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahh, thanks for posting that! I knew there was something with Josefina, but couldn't remember what, and couldn't remember where to look for it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kaya's name is Kaya'aton'my', which means "she who gathers rocks."
    Josefina's name is Maria Josefina Montoya.

    ETA: Looks like we were all writing at the same time!
    Uncle Gard's last name is Edwards. Nellie could also be short for Eleanor, and I know a woman called Nell whose given name is Helen.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 05, 2006 04:47 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

  8. #8
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar

    Post

    Maria Josefina Montoya! That's pretty! Now I may change my JOsefina's name to Maria (well it already WAS Maria....) when I get her next year or the year after.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cami713:
    ksami informed me that Nellie is short for Cornelia, so it's possible our Nellie's full name is Cornelia, and I'd guess she'd have taken Gard's last name, whatever it may be (probably Parkington is Samantha's father's last name, or it might be Grandmary's).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, Nellie can be a nickname for several longer names, including Cornelia, Helen, and Eleanor. But the AG books have never specified whether Nellie is her full given name or if it is a nickname. Perhaps only time will tell!

    It's assumed that Parkington was Samantha's father's last name. Grandmary and Uncle Gard's last name is Edwards. Please don't think I'm a dork for knowing this kind of stuff offhand. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 05, 2006 05:57 PM: Message edited by: ksami ]</font>

  10. #10
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Nellie could just be her real first name too. My grandmother had a sister named Nellie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •